Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Updates

I spoke with Dave Whitaker at KOAA/Channels 5&30 yesterday, he said they were still shooting to be in HD by Friday. I'll be on vacation Thursday and Friday, so y'all let me know whether they make it. The thunderstorm beating up Cheyenne Mountain right now? Probably not helping.

A couple of people have told me KKCS (104.5 FM) is getting sold from Superior Broadcasting to Marathon Media. My understanding is that the two companies are closely related, so I don't know if it really means anything.

Haven't heard anything new on Citadel's plans for KRDO (95.1 FM), although everyone and their brother have told me they expect it to go country. Keep listening.

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Don McCullen said...

If KKCS is going to the same owners they might as well do Adult Hits ala JACK FM.

That brand has done well as being a 'Corporate IPod.'

 
At 6:50 PM, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KOAA fell down again. Now they say the end of July for HD. Come on!!

http://www.koaa.com/info/

 
At 8:41 AM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With any luck, KOAA might be able to figure out this HD stuff before football season. Anyone think the KOAA engineers even know how to set the clocks on their VCR's? I thought not.

 
At 5:52 PM, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am VERY unhappy that Peak 95.1 is gone and it's now a country station Cat 95.1. Don't get me wrong, I like country music, but we have about 10 it seems in the southern Colorado. I live in Fremont County and haven't been able to get the transcever station (104.?) for Peak for a while, then I bought a new car and had to program my radio. I even called the Peak number and you know what I get...the three piercing tones and a message the number you are dialing has been disconnected, please check the number and dial again.
What's the deal with the change in radio stations? They were good and I especially liked Jeff Zeiger on the way home at night. He is a great DJ and a nice guy. What are we going to do now to listen to something other than country music or gansta rapping? Geez! It was a bad move changing the format. :-#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home