Monday, January 15, 2007

22, 21

"People, we need to do better than we're doing now."

Well, somebody finally said it.

Does anyone else agree that there's some egregiously bad acting this season? I'm thinking specifically of Regina King, and wasn't she up for an Oscar like last year? Ah well, what have you done for us lately?

Loved Jack shooting Curtis. And Curtis looks all wounded, like a puppy. What was he expecting, pony rides?

And I double loved them actually setting off the nuke. Not on a moral level, you understand. It's just that your average TV show would think setting off a nuclear device in the second episode of the season would be a touch excessive. Not that there aren't a few programs that a radiological weapon might improve. I'm looking at you, "According to Jim."

Isn't this the second time in "24" history that L.A. has gotten nuked? I think one nuke going off on American soil might be enough to get everyone at CTU-LA fired, or possibly imprisoned. Two, and I think the entire team would be taken out and shot. At least Angelinos don't have to worry about earthquakes anymore.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, January 19, 2007, Blogger Warren Epstein said...

I had missed the second part of the premiere and was hoping to watch the tape before somebody ruined it for me.

Sure enough, Tuesday morning a colleague strolls over and says, "Can you believe they nuked L.A.?"

Since then, I've seen that mushroom cloud on Fox three or four times.

Oh, well, the show still had some great surprises, the best being the killing of Curtis.

As they played violins and Jack crumpled to the ground, I couldn't help but recall all the times that Jack had beat up or kidnapped Curtis in the course of saving the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home