Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Idol idle

Well, that certainly wasn't the best episode of the season, but it may well have been the most interesting. A lot of the performances were... unexpected. I didn't expect Carly to suck. Or Kristy Lee Cook to deliver her best performance of the season. And I certainly didn't expect whatever it was that David Cook was doing. Good lord.
I would have thought David Archuleta would have knocked "inspirational songs" out of the park, but he was just OK. Not that it matters.

And I could hardly have been more disappointed with Brooke White... when she said she was married. (The song sucked too).

Jason Castro easily delivered the performance of the night. Loved the ukelele. When I was in Kauai a few years ago, they played that song around the freakin' clock on local radio. Seriously, like once an hour - and this is 10 years after the song came out. I can't blame Simon for not remembering Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole's full name, but I don't know why he said "that song from the Internet." Um no, dude. It's that song from "50 First Dates." Duh. I liked the original better, but Castro's version really suited his voice and look and was generally an all-around perfect fit.

I honestly have no idea who's down after that. I guess nobody's leaving tonight, 'cause it's "Idol Gives Back" week (and I do mean "weak"). I think Syesha might be next, though - it's not this performance, but she just seems like she's from a different, less interesting season of the show.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, April 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it was the song from that Apple commercial.

Actually, you need to check out the story of how Izzy originally sold that song. It's amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home