Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More from non-Olympics watchers

I'm continuing to get a lot of e-mails and calls from readers saying why they're not watching the Winter Olympics. What's really fascinating is that so many people care enough to write or call. It seems to me that that must mean that plenty of people still care about the Olympics, or want to care, but feel they're being cheated of the full experience in one way or another.

My prediction is that ditching the time delay will fix many of the objections I'm hearing, which should mean good things for Vancouver/Whistler in 2010.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps people just want to reach out and touch the televison columnist for the Gazette. I understand he is a loveable galoot.

 
At 5:43 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe KOAA(the local lag behind network) can step up like chanel 11 and 13 and get into the 21st century by broadcasting in high def. I tried to watch on several occasions but the quality of the picture was so piss poor, I switched to CNBC to watch curling in high def. they blew their chance with the Daytona 500 now they miss the boat with the olympics. I hope they didn't get primium price for advertising. Get in the game chanel 5!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home