Monday, February 27, 2006

Sunday round-up

The closing ceremonies were seven kinds of boring all rolled into one. The only saving grace was that I could flip over to the "Dancing with the Stars" finale, which was itself excruciatingly boring (except for ESPN anchor Kenny Mayne complaining, apparently in all seriousness, about the judging and getting cut off. That was high comedy).

That said, the 50K cross country race actually had an exciting finish, which I caught in passing. And all the Vancouver-Whistler stuff during the ceremonies got me a little pumped up for the next Games (I grew up in Seattle and was actually up in Whistler a couple years ago for a story on how they're getting ready for the Olympics, so I've got some hometown curiousity to see how things turn out.)

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is: If Cheek can't get into Harvard - what hope is there for a "regular person"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home