Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back again

Back from vacation now. Hope your Fourth was fun and not too soggy.

Naturally, I missed a few things while I was gone.

KRDO-FM went "Cat Country" while I was away, complete with their own theme song. This explains why Citadel ops manager Bobby Irwin kept chortling when he said they would "let the cat out of the bag" at the end of the week. They seem to be playing a different music mix than KCCY or KKCS. We'll have to see how that settles out.

KOAA/Channels 5&30 ran into more problems with high definition. Some $100,000 piece of equipment didn't work when they turned the system on on Thursday, so they need to order a new one. New target date is end of July.

Let me give you a target date of my own: The NFL Hall of Fame Game -- Oakland vs. Philadelphia -- 6 p.m. Aug. 6 on, you guessed it, NBC. Sure, it's a crappy pre-season game, but it will be NBC's first HD football game.

Any other fun going on?

4 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that Cat Country came to town.

I stopped listening to KKCS when the started messing wtih the frequency and I can't listen to it anywhere (home, car, work) without frequent static.

I stopped listening to KCCY shortly after that because of their endless commercials and repetitive playlist (really, how many times can one hear "Honky Tonk Bodankadonk" in one day?)

I have been listening to KYGO (Denver) and 102.3 (Fremont County) to get my country fix.


I doubt 95.1 will stay how it is now (no talking, no commercials), but so far they are a vast improvement over the other two country stations in town.

 
At 12:44 PM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

102.3 is actually from Huerfano County in Walsenburg. They cover all of Southeast Colorado including the San Luis Valley.

 
At 1:42 PM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't believe one word out of anyone from KOAA regarding High Def until the day I can see 5.1 in HD on my TV!!
There's not a snowballs chance in you-know-where that they will be broadcasting HD by that Aug. 6 NFL game.
I'm just hoping they get there by the start of the regular season...

 
At 9:29 PM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification on 102.3. I don't know where I got the idea that they were in Fremont County.

They are my favorite country station. They have the best mix of music and the least idiotic DJ's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home