Monday, October 16, 2006

Coming Tuesday... and more!

Tell me your magic number in TV Talk. It's not as dirty as it sounds. Unfortunately.

The long, long (long) awaited winner of the Dead Pool. No, it wasn't you.

Later in the week: CBS reporter Randall Pinkston is the keynote speaker at the NAACP Freedom Fund Gala on Saturday. And he's got a pretty interesting story to tell -- well, maybe more interesting if you studied the 1968 "UCC v. FCC" decision back in media law.

Still trying to line up the Kim Lyons "Biggest Loser" thing, looks like Wednesday for Thursday as we say in print-land.

If I forget to mention it, there's a shout-out to Colorado Springs on "30 Rock" Wednesday night, although I can't for the life of me remember what it is. It's just something I wrote in my calender weeks ago -- I assume there's a reason I did.

A TiVo executive is in town Thursday morning to demonstrate to local religious leaders how parents can use TiVo to set limits on television. Might be a column for next week or a story for Saturday.

Over on radio, KKMG (98.9 FM) program director and afternoon guy Chad Rufer is leaving the end of the month to be closer to his family in Florida. KBIQ (102.7 FM) morning host Chris Kelly is headed back to Focus on the Family.

And nationally -- "Ugly Betty" and "Jericho" both earned full-season orders.

The New York Post has a sweet story about Masi Oka, the breakout star of "Heroes," who, it turns out, is an even bigger geek in real life.

The second-greatest TV columnist in the land coins an awesome phrase: "TiNo"

And there's something else I was meaning to pass along, but can't remember.

Nothing like ending on a cliffhanger...

UPDATE: Oh yeah, in the mail today was "Television Without Pity: 752 Things We love to Hate (and Hate to Love, about TV)," from the folks at TWoP, a really rockin' Web site run by people with truly massive amounts of time on their hands.

Funny book, I'll give it away to a blog reader when I'm done.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love TWoP! They have the best recaps out there: snarky but full of details about the show.

 
At 7:42 AM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Can't believe Jericho got picked up! Glad it did, but was expecting the worst. "Smith" was WAY better, as is "Kidnapped."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home