Wednesday roundup - Lost's back!
Excellent "Lost" last night. For all the Hitchcock fans who dug the buried alive episode two weeks ago, I'd argue that this is how you do a twist at the end. Even if you suspected Juliet's betrayal, I don't think anyone expected Carlton Cuse & Company to actually show it to us.
Couple of thoughts:
- Given the goo-goo eyes Juliet was making at Jack after he talked about the submarine blowing up, I'm expecting that she'll end up double-crossing (triple-crossing?) Ben.
- On the same score, if there really isn't any other way off the island, why is she cooperating with Ben? He obviously still has some hold over her. I think there's another way off.
- A few more references to the uber-mysterious Jacob. I think his role or identity might get wrapped into the season cliffhanger.
- Why hasn't anyone figured out that Sayid is ALWAYS right? Whatever he says, they should just do it.
- Loved icy Hurley: "We buried him right over there."
Elsewhere, bye-bye Haley. Like men everywhere, I'm saddened by this development. The betting line is that she'd be wearing lingerie by next week.The lack of support for Chris is kinda interesting.
And the season finale of "Friday Night Lights"... well, I've got a few thoughts on that, so I'll give it its own post in a minute.