Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ugh-prentice


I watched the latest "Apprentice" season premiere. I'm sorry I did. Boy am I sorry. That is a show that has run its course more than anything this side of... "The Bachelor."

You'd think Trump would quit while he was ahead (if only ahead of his erstwhile protege Martha), but the man seems to be constitutionally incapable of saying no to publicity, even bad publicity. Maybe especially bad publicity.

"The Amazing Race" debuts tonight -- minus the annoying family ties. I've got high hopes for this one.

UPDATE: America agrees with me! Well, not the part about actually watching "The Apprentice," but certainly the part about it being like so over.

The debut drew a scant 9 million viewers -- fourth in its timeslot, getting pummeled by the likes of "24," "Two and a Half Men" and "Courting Alex" and, mysteriously, "The Bachelor."

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger UltraRob said...

I'm generally too busy riding my bike to watch TV plus I don't find much of it worth watching. However, I'll be watching the Amazing Race even if I have to tape it.

 
At 2:09 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great chance for people to show off for 15 minutes. Period. It's a sad parody of what could have been a learning experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home